The Independent Learning Centre is a Department for Education (DE) initiative. The ILC is designed to provide a flexible enrolment option for identified students. The ILC will focus on providing flexible support to keep young people aged 16 to 21 engaged in schooling or on a learning pathway.
Each ILC student has a self paced Flexible Learning Plan and access to the following:
- Flexible school curriculum where the ILC student learns independently with a tutor or attends subject sessions associated with his/her strengths.
- A Qualified Case Manager to assist with personal development, goal setting and learning.
- Assistance with numeracy and literacy.
- Community based learning programs with Individualised learning programs in an area of special interest.
- TAFE SA or other RTO Programs
- VET and Structured Workplace Learning (SWL) Opportunities.
- Assistance in gaining an Apprenticeship, Traineeship, Part time or Full time work.
- The range of learning program options offered to students will be based upon:
- Formally accredited options (VET);
- And / or a combination of the above which meet the SACE Board guidelines for SACE completion.
This initiative aims to assist in the development of a community where all people feel valued, their differences are respected and their basic needs both physical and emotional are met, so that as citizens they are empowered in their participation and contribution.